Following a recent announcement by the Securities and Exchange Commission, securities fraud attorneys are investigating potential claims on behalf of investors who suffered losses in investments from a variety of issuers. The following issuers were temporarily suspended by the SEC pursuant to Section 12(k) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934:
- Alto Group Holdings Inc. (ALTO)
- AER Energy Resources Inc. (AERN)
- Fox Petroleum Inc. (FXPT)
- BizRocket.com Inc. (BZRT)
- Global Technologies Group Inc. (GTGP)
- Geopulse Explorations Inc. (GPLS)
- KMA Global Solutions International Inc. (KMAG)
- Mobile Star Corp. (MBST)
- Mike the Pike Productions Inc. (MIKP)
- Scorpex Inc (SRPX)
- SavWatt USA Inc. (SAVW, formerly SAVWD)
- Strategic Mining Corp. (SMNG)
- Surgline International Inc. (SGLN)
- Silver Dragon Resources Inc. (SGLN)
- Zamage Digital Art Imaging Inc. (ZMGD)
- Thrive World Wide Inc. (TWWI)
The suspension commenced on September 17, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. EDT and will be terminated on September 28, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. According to stock fraud lawyers, the SEC’s suspension of trading in these securities was related to questions about the accuracy and adequacy of company information. This information included the companies’ business operations, assets, issuances of shares in company stock and/or current financial condition. Without correct information related to these important company aspects, investors cannot make informed investment decisions and can suffer heavy investment losses as a result of incorrect information.
In addition to the suspension, securities fraud attorneys say the SEC cautioned broker-dealers to consider foregoing information and all other currently available information prior to making recommendations to their clients about these investments.
If you suffered significant losses because of your financial advisor’s recommendation about any of the aforementioned investments, you may have a valid securities arbitration claim. To find out more about your legal rights and options, contact a stock fraud lawyer at The Law Office of Christopher J. Gray at (866) 966-9598 for a no-cost, confidential consultation.